ABOUT THE PROJECT
P-II Zone has been designated as one of Delhi’s newest sub-cities. The zonal plan of the area is prepared under the Delhi Development Act 1957. P-II Zone is located in Northern Delhi bounded by NCTD / Haryana boundary in the north, River Yamuna towards the east, Outer Ring Road (90m R/W) towards the south and NH-1 in the west.
According to Delhi Development Authority, the location of area under Zone P-II is on a flat terrain, which is ideally suited for urban development. In total, 8,194 hectares fall within P-II Zone, comprising of 1,924 hectares of green belt and 6,270 hectares of proposed urbanisable area. Residential use accounts for more than 50% of total urbanisable area with 3,235 hectares allocated. The entire zone is very well connected with the adjacent area as well as the adjoining state of Haryana. The sub-city has good soil for construction, along with a good natural drainage system.
Zone P-II has been designated as Delhi’s Employment Centre under the Delhi Master Plan 2021. The directives of the MPD and Zonal Development Plans are directly being handled by the Ministry of Urban Planning through its executive arm, Delhi Development Authority (DDA). The execution of this much needed plan is being expedited through a combined effort of the Central and State Government to provide relief to the ever growing needs of India’s capital city. Hence, for the first time, the plan has been launched on a Public Private Partnership mode.
P-II sub city, which is 40% larger than Dwarka, when fully developed, will provide housing facilities to over 4.22 Lakh families from all income groups. At a glance, DDA has made the following provisions under the MPD 2021 to develop a sub – city with sustainable settlement design.
- Bhalaswa Lake Complex 92 hectares
2 . Government Hospital at Burari 4.6 hectares.
- Wholesale Fruit and Vegetable market (DAMB) 28.58 hectares (70.62 acres).
- Variety of public and semi-public facilities to provide health, education, social and sports facilities.
- Medical college (2 No.), International Exhibition cum Fair Ground, Science City (1 No.),
- Divisional Sports Centre (2 No.), District Sports Centre (4 No.), Knowledge Park.
The development concept aims to provide state of the art infrastructure to achieve a built environment satisfying the functional, aesthetical and environment parameters of a modern city, while also meeting the aspirations of the population, through the following measures:
- Synergy between transport and land use.
- Water conservation through rain water harvesting.
- Pollution control and environmental protection including the River Yamuna.
- Areas for super tall buildings / urban design projects.
LOCATION OF ZONE P-II
P-II Zone is located in North Delhi to the East of NH-1, otherwise known as G.T. Karnal Road. Zone P-II is connected with central Delhi and its periphery through a network of expressways. Zone P-II comprises of Bhalaswa Dairy, Jahangirpuri, Bankoli, Bhakhtawarpur, Burari, Hiranki, Ibrahampur, Jharoda Majra, Kamalpur, Tajpurkalan, Tiggipur and Palla to name a few. This zone is extremely well connected with Delhi’s internal arterial road network, providing easy access to Central Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida. Its close proximity to the NH-1, Urban Extension Road-II and Urban Extension Road-III allows for smooth travel state wise also.
The life line of this new sub city will be a 100m urban expressway road known as UER-II, which will originate at Zone P-II and intersect with the NH-1 (GT Karnal), NH-10 (Rohtak), NH-8 (Jaipur) and eventually NH-2 (Faridabad, Mathura, Agra). On completion, this UER II will enable driving to the Airport and South Delhi in just 20 minutes.
ZONE P-II IS LOCATED IN NORTH DELHI
- North: NCTD/ Haryana Boundary
- South: NCTD Boundary/ Outer Ring (Road 90m)
- East: River Yamuna
- West: G.T. Karnal Road (NH-1)
FEATURES OF ZONE P-II
P-II Zone is located in North Delhi and comprises of 8,534 hectares in total. The MPD 2021 subdivides the entire urban area under P-II Zone into 13 Sectors for the purpose of development. Each sector contains multiple land use categories. P-II sub city, which is 40% larger than Dwarka, when fully developed, will provide housing facilities to over 4.22 Lakh families from all income groups.
Approx 3,235 hectares have been declared as a residential zone with 1,100 hectares comprising existing settlements and the remainder 2,135 hectares proposed for new development.
- Located in North Delhi on the eastern side of NH-1 (G.T. Karnal Road).
- Land mass 40% larger than Dwarka sub-city.
- Ground water level sufficient to cater to 20L residents for the future needs.
- Three major connecting expressways named as Urban Extension I, II and III (80m, 100m & 80m) originating in this sector and connecting with NH-1, NH-10 (Rohtak Road) and NH-8 (Jaipur) intersecting at Narela, Rohini, Dwarka and the airport.
- First metro reaching in DMRC Phase-III, originating from Mukundpur in P-II to Yamuna Vihar. Additionally Metro Stations have been provisioned in each sector in MPD 2021.
- Mega Exhibition cum Fair Ground on the lines of Pragati Madan near to Sector III. Similarly a mega Amusement Park adjacent to the Exhibition centre.
- Full blown River Front Boulevard with Walk Ways and Cycle Paths with a Leisure Park along the river side boundary stretching 11.5 Km.
- Super tall structure buildings provisioned in Sector V and VI with wide spread City Park. These complexes of tall buildings shall benefit from helipad facilities and form some of Delhi’s newest modern landmarks.
- A number of Medical Colleges/ Hospitals, general and Engineering colleges, as many as 135 Schools, along with Sports and Recreation Centres.
- Electrical sub-station, water treatment plant already existing and operational. This will be further expanded to cater to an increased population in this zone.
- This zone is well connected with important Delhi landmarks with CP just 19 Km, ISBT 16 Km and Delhi University 8 Km. Not to mention just 20 minutes’ drive to the Airport, 30 minutes to Gurgaon and 40 minutes to Noida.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS MPD 2021 FOR ZONE P-II
- Participatory approach – involving the private sector in the assembly and development of land.
- Incentivized redevelopment with additional FAR, wherever applicable.
- Removal of height restrictions in certain areas for better utilization of land and development of modern landmark structures.
- Safeguard natural drainage patterns, secure area from flood and develop major storm water drainage points.
- Further liberalizing the mixed use of land by integrating living, work space and transportation infrastructure.
- FAR/ FSI enhancement together with ground coverage enhancement. Provide housing with physical and social infrastructure for all sections of people for balanced and integrated development.
- Upgrade and modernize existing industries and give recognition to new industries like IT and ITES.
- Integrate multimodal public transport system to reduce private transport on road.
- Restructure existing transport network through expressways, elevated roads, arterial, distributor and relief roads.
BENEFITS OF LIVING AT P-II ZONE
Zone P-II has a very wide green coverage in the form of orchards, forest and farmlands. In addition, about 941 hectares of land has been proposed for Recreational and Green Use, in the form of district, city and community parks, playfields and roadside greenery. Zone P-II shall also include a City Park of 150 hectares to encourage Socio-cultural integration, having a Museum, Art Galleries, Library, Auditorium, Concert Hall, Open Air Theatre, Conventional Hall, Dance, Drama and Music Centers etc.
The Green cover in this zone will make up 15-20% of the total, extending from the NCTD boundary up to a depth of one peripheral revenue village, wherever possible, with permissible activities.
- Bhalaswa Lake Complex to be developed as an integrated tourist complex with a Lake & 9 Hole Golf Course (102 hectares).
- Amusement Park at the junction of NH-1 and UER-I extension road (20 hectares).
- International Exhibition cum fair ground on the lines of Pragati Madan on the north-eastern side of the sub-city, P-II zone (50 hectares).
- National Science Park near Kuraini as a major component to strengthen the overall attractiveness of the sub-city (4 hectares).
- Recreational areas, sports facilities, bio-diversity park, bird sanctuaries, boulevards etc. as part of the Yamuna River front development.
- Millennium/Memorial Park at the existing land fill site in the corner of NH-1 and outer ring road junction on the eastern side, to enhance the aesthetic image of the sub-city.
- Leisure Valley and River Front Boulevard of pedestrian and cycle paths.
Industrial & Commercial
Also 266 hectares in Zone P-II has been proposed for hi-tech electronic industry along NH-I. In addition 282 hectares, for commercial use in the form of a DAMB wholesale fruit and vegetable market of 28 hectares on NH-1, 20 hectares for wholesale trade in Sector-II, 16 community and 4 district Centre.
Public Transport System in P-II zone will be accessible within 0.5 – 1 Km walking distance. A Metro line on the east-west and north-south diversion will provide linkages with the main city and other sub-cities. Three major arterial roads UER I, II and III of 80m, 100m and 80m are proposed between GT Karnal Road (NH-1) to Rohtak Road (NH-10) and NH-8 passing through Narela, Rohini and Dwarka, intersecting also at the airport.
Kings Court will be an exclusive community of three bedroom apartments catering to the needs of a like-minded society. Comprising of an open plan living environment, it offers spacious and well-structured accommodation with an abundance of natural light. There will be two options to choose from; one with a Servant’s Quarter and one without. Kings Court shall enable families, couples, and extended families to own a home in Delhi – 36 and enjoy a lifestyle of solitude combined with convenience living.
The three bedroom apartments shall be finished to the highest standard with neutral coloring to promote the flow of light giving a fresh and homely feel. A carefully planned layout shall ensure optimum space utilization with room proportions. The complex facilities will satisfy your every need with a gymnasium, swimming pool, party room, yoga area, Amphitheatre and play zone. Not to mention the lush green surroundings and meandering pathways throughout the gardens. Enjoy the benefit of designated parking, power back-up and high end security systems while living at Kings Court. The design and planning caters to all income groups offering a selection of furnishing packages. So whether you want a fully furnished ready to move apartment or a blank canvas to make your own, Kings Court has made provision for all members.
Living at Kings Court, you shall benefit from the directives of the Master Plan of Delhi 2021, which has designated Zone P-II as a High Rise Residential Zone. This emphasis on High Rise development will allow for better planning and use of recreational and green areas, to include a Leisure Valley, River Front Boulevard, 9 Hole Golf Course, City Parks, Bhalaswa Lake Complex, Mega Exhibition Centre, Amusement Park, Science Park, and a network of playgrounds and green spaces interconnected with pedestrian and cycle tracks.